Ten cents... anyone??

Monday, December 1, 2008

First blood

Blaaaardy hell... kena conned by this stupid message on Facebook saying there'd be free tickets given out for the Hed Kandi event at Euphoria. Jacky Foong's the name. That blaaardy ass. The instructions given to us are already clearly stated in this Facebook message, in which i've already followed since last Saturday although the "offer" starts on Monday. First you're required to change your FB status to "is getting kandi at HED KANDI live @ EUPHORIA by Ministry of Sound - November 29 2008", and then message that fuker our names and contact number. Gahhh... curse all these scams. I bet that fuker contacted chicks whom he fancies and in the process suck up to them. This shall be the last time i'm gonna fall for something like this. One day, i promised myself, ONE EFFING DAY, i shall not need all this crap to get into events. I shall let people personally call me to go to their effing events. Luckily birthday gal, Sarah told me the event wasn't as good as the hype.

Oh well...


After unofficially finishing my degree, and after three whole weeks of partying (well, of course getting sick for the half a week til now), i shall be starting new (again) as an intern at the prestigious (or is it?) Leo Burnett. I can't and shall not reveal details of what i shall be doing, however. All thanks to beloved Van who somehow paved the way for me. *sniff... cough* Darn, my flu's acting up again. Hmm... shall treat her to dinner soon.

Last night i just finished work with Nancy and Co. for a malay wedding dinner. We were up and about from 9am til 11pm; job scope ranging from getting the walkies working, walking about making sure everything's in place, packing the goody-bags and placing 10 bags at each tables (120 of them!!) and finally coordinating the whole event. I called up Sean to come work with me as well. Pei San was as adorable as ever, Nancy and Evelyn as usual, and that dog barking as loudly as ever. Those who've worked for Nancy would know. But all's good - the pay and experience. I was even caught at the middle of the line of fire between a particular band (which wanted to play three songs instead of the two Nancy ordered) and the boss, Nancy, herself. Now i know how those people feel when they have to negotiate and talk things out with unscrupulous performers. These people are just plain irrational and annoying. My eardrums were already demanding for a vacation after being shouted at by Nancy. But overall, the work experience was as fun as ever. It's effing cool to work with people like Nancy and Evelyn.

I'm still sick. Flu and fever's subsiding, however my cough's getting worse. I couldn't imagine myself coughing my head off while working tmrw. And speaking about it, i'm actually quite excited to work for such a big company. I've been so used to working in event companies, and now i'd be sitting at a desk doing much paper work and making phone calls. A totally different scenario. I hope i'd be asked to go outdoors than to be stuck in an air-conned room. Hmmmm... I hope i could continue working for LB. Wouldn't even dream to go elsewhere. Imagine the experience, contacts and knowledge i'd be having with this company. Wooo hooo!!

One more year has passed. So much has happened. I'm now almost reaching a new point where my life's heading to a whole new chapter. I hope things work out well.

Need sleep now. I've been feeling weak all week long anyway. I need my rest.

So long to late nights. So long to out clubbing on Wednesdays and Thursdays. So long to late night yamcha and supper sessions. So long to teenager life (which has already long long gone, like three years ago??).

-____-lll



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home